Latest Press Release:
May 12, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Diana Stancy
THE NETWORK OF ENLIGHTENED WOMEN ANNOUNCES KELLYANNE CONWAY AS 2017 NATIONAL CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
WASHINGTON, DC—The Network of enlightened Women, known as NeW, announced today that Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President, will deliver the keynote address at the 2017 NeW National Conference in Washington, DC. For her public service, achievement, and leadership, she will be awarded the Empowering Woman Of The Year Award.
Prior to working in The White House, Conway was a Republican campaign manager and strategist, and was president and CEO of The Polling Company Inc./Woman Trend. She was the first female to successfully manage a presidential campaign. Additionally, she co-authored, What Women Really Want: How American Women Are Quietly Erasing Political, Racial, Class, and Religious Lines to Change the Way We Live.
“Kellyanne Conway is an empowered, conservative woman who is living the American dream and is a great example of what women can achieve in this country,” said Karin Agness Lips, Founder and President of NeW. “She is a role model to our students, showing them that women today can become lawyers, business owners, TV pundits, authors, wives, and mothers, and all with a sense of style and grace. We are looking forward to her joining our annual conference, which brings together top conservative women for two days of speeches, panels, networking, and training.”
Other speakers include:
- TheHonorable Rebecca Kleefisch, Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin
- Kristen Soltis Anderson, Washington Examinercolumnist and author of The Selfie Vote
- Romina Boccia, Deputy Director of the Thomas A. Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies at The Heritage Foundation
- Mona Charen, Senior Fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Diana Furchtgott-Roth, Senior Fellow at The Manhattan Institute
- Mary Katharine Ham, CNN Contributor and Senior Writer at The Federalist
- Karin Agness Lips, President of NeW
- Gabby Morrongiello, Washington Bureau Chief of the New York Post
- Sally Pipes, President and CEO of The Pacific Research Institute
- Alison Acosta Winters, Senior Research Fellow in Economic Freedom at the Charles Koch Institute.
The NeW National Conference attracts more than 200 of the nation’s leading women of the conservative movement. Past keynote speakers include Katie Pavlich, editor at Townhall, Kate Obenshain, political commentator and author of Divider in Chief, Christina Hoff Sommers, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, among others.
NeW is the nation’s premier organization for conservative university women. Started as a book club in 2004 at the University of Virginia, NeW has expanded to campuses across the nation, teaching conservative principles, creating open forums for debate, and training young women to speak out on campus and in their communities. In addition, NeW hosts a Young Women’s Leadership Retreat, The Gentlemen Showcase, and professional development trainings.
For press inquiries, please contact Diana Stancy at [email protected].