Latest Press Release:
June 7, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Diana Stancy
THE NETWORK OF ENLIGHTENED WOMEN SCHEDULED TO HOST 12TH ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE IN WASHINGTON, DC
WASHINGTON, DC—The Network of enlightened Women, known as NeW, is holding our 12th National Conference June 22-24 in Washington, DC. The Thursday and Friday sessions will be held at The Heritage Foundation. An exclusive student training will be held on Saturday at The Leadership Institute.
Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President, will deliver the keynote speech at the Conference on Friday, June 23. Prior to working in The White House, Conway was a Republican campaign manager and strategist. She was the first female to successfully manage a presidential campaign. She also was president and CEO of The Polling Company Inc./Woman Trend.
“We are looking forward to this annual event, which brings together top conservative women for speeches, panels, and networking,” said Karin Agness Lips, Founder and President of NeW. “We have an excellent line-up of speakers who are policy leaders and we are thrilled to have Kellyanne Conway join us to award her the title of ‘Empowered Woman of the Year.’”
Other speakers include:
- U.S. Representative Marsha Blackburn, (R-Tenn)
- TheHonorable Rebecca Kleefisch, Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin
- Kristen Soltis Anderson, Washington Examinercolumnist and author of The Selfie Vote
- Romina Boccia, Deputy Director of the Thomas A. Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies at The Heritage Foundation
- Mona Charen, Senior Fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Diana Furchtgott-Roth, Senior Fellow at The Manhattan Institute
- Mary Katharine Ham, CNN Contributor and Senior Writer at The Federalist
- Leslie Hiner, Vice President of Programs at EdChoice
- Karin Agness Lips, President of NeW
- Gabby Morrongiello, Washington Bureau Chief of the New York Post
- Sally Pipes, President and CEO of The Pacific Research Institute
- Erica Suares, Policy Advisor to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell
- Alison Acosta Winters, Senior Research Fellow in Economic Freedom at the Charles Koch Institute.
Conference co-sponsors include The Heritage Foundation, EdChoice, Generation Opportunity Institute, America’s Future Foundation, Foundation for Economic Education, Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, The Leadership Institute, The Fund for American Studies, Grassroots Leadership Academy, Conservative Book Club, and Young Conservatives Coalition.
The NeW National Conference attracts more than 200 of the nation’s leading women of the conservative movement. Past keynote speakers include Katie Pavlich, editor at Townhall, Kate Obenshain, political commentator and author of Divider in Chief, Christina Hoff Sommers, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, among others.
NeW is the nation’s premier organization for conservative university women. Started as a book club in 2004 at the University of Virginia, NeW has expanded to campuses across the nation, teaching conservative principles, creating open forums for debate, and training young women to speak out on campus and in their communities. In addition, NeW hosts a Young Women’s Leadership Retreat, The Gentlemen Showcase, and professional development trainings.
For press inquiries, please contact Diana Stancy at [email protected].