Welcome to the NeW Resources page. Here are some documents NeW chapters have used and found helpful. Feel free to email [email protected]
if you have any questions. If you think you have a document that might be helpful to another chapter, feel free to email it in.
Helpful Documents to Get Started as a Chapter
Starting a Chapter Checklist
NeW officer roles
Spring 2015 Checklist
Has your chapter:
Important 2015 Dates
- Turned in a Semester Evaluation to National NeW?
- Delegated tasks among your executive board?
- Picked a meeting space and reserved rooms (if necessary) for the semester?
- Decided on a reading schedule for this semester’s book?
- Reserved a spot/tabled at the student organization fair?
- Sent a welcome back email to prospective members?
- Planned at least one social event, campus outreach, community service, etc?
- Returning to campus from break
- Welcome meeting/dessert party for the new semester
- Participate in a student organization fair if your campus has one every semester
- Submit your nomination for the national Gentlemen’s Showcase which begins early February *note this is an earlier date than previous years. Our annual nationwide contest to recognize and honor college gentlemen is returning, and this year in the month of February! This is a great way for all our chapters to become involved. Start thinking about some gentlemen you would like to nominate. Last year the winning chapter received Georgetown Cupcakes delivered to their campus!
- Host Valentine’s day event (celebrating the true meaning of romance/not the hookup culture)
- CPAC February 25-28th in National Harbor, MD. This event is 4 days of conservative celebrities, panels, training, job fairs, networking, and much more. There are a limited amount of opportunities to volunteer at the NeW booth in exchange for a free student admission pass. Email me asap!
- Host an event for Women’s History Month! Ideas: debate, speakers panel, table in common place
- Have officer elections for next year.
- Ask members who are graduating to complete a Senior Spotlight.
- Honor graduating seniors
- End of the semester social
- 25-26th National Conference at Heritage Foundation in DC, more information to come.
NeW Founder Karin Agness telling the story of the founding of NeW on CSPAN
Recruiting Documents/Flyers to Print
Faculty Information Flyer
Why Join NeW? half sheets
Recruiting and Discussion Tips
Sign Up Sheet
Sign Up Sheet (2)
Half Sheet Flyer
Meeting Agenda Handout
Press Release-Back to school
Running a NeW Chapter and Meeting
by Rachel Smith, NeW UAkron President
NeW Sample Meeting Powerpoint
Articles/Videos to Discuss at Meetings
Book Review: A Return To Modesty
Book Review: What Our Mothers Didn't Tell Us
Book Club-Sample Powerpoint presentations for the Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex, and Feminism
PIG Guide Chapter 1
PIG Guide Chapter 2
PIG Guide Chapter 3
*Visit our Online Book Club history
for reading guides and discussion questions for selected books from NeW's Book List.
NeW Anniversary (September 29th) Documents
Anniversary Tea Party Invitation
Chapter Leader NeWsletters
Starting 2014 Strong, 2014-Jan
A NeW November, 2013-Nov
Starting the Semester Off Right, 2013-Sept