WOMEN’S ORGANIZATION ANNOUNCES THE 2019 EMPOWERED WOMAN OF THE YEAR
WASHINGTON, DC — The Network of enlightened Women, known as NeW, is proud to announce the 2019 Empowered Woman of the Year and Friday keynote speaker for the Fourteenth Annual National Conference is Mary Katharine Ham, CNN Contributor and co-author of End of Discussion: How the Left’s Outrage Industry Shuts Down Debate, Manipulates Voters, and Makes America Less Free (and Fun). Ham presents a conservative perspective in a fun and convincing way regularly on CNN, in her book, and on Twitter. She will address the conference on Friday, June 21 at Hillsdale College’s Kirby Center on Capitol Hill.
The NeW National Conference is the nation’s premier women’s leadership conference for conservative college women held in Washington, DC. Throughout the two-day event, women will gather for policy sessions, professional development workshops, and engaging keynote addresses.
“We are proud to recognize the inspiring woman that Mary Katharine Ham is in the conservative movement. She is an amazing leader and role model to young women. At NeW, we believe in presenting women with different ideas and perspectives so they have the opportunity to think for themselves and come to their own opinions. Mary Katharine thinks for herself and encourages other women to do the same,” said Karin Lips, Founder and President of NeW.
Additional speakers will be:
- Congresswoman Elise Stefanik, New York’s 21st District*
- Megan Brown, Partner, Wiley Rein LLP
- Lindsey Burke, Director, Center for Education Policy and Will Skillman Fellow in Education, The Heritage Foundation
- Laura Cox Kaplan, Host, “She Said/She Said” Podcast
- Emily Ekins, Research Fellow, Cato Institute
- Lyndsey Fifield, Social Media Manager, The Heritage Foundation
- Ashlea Frazier, Director of Programs, Hillsdale College Kirby Center
- Beverly Hallberg, President, District Media Group
- Emily Jashinsky, Culture Editor, The Federalist
- Sarah Keenan, Coalitions Manager, State Policy Network
- Meg McDonnell, Editor in Chief, Verily Magazine
- Emma Meshell, Spokesperson and Correspondent Director, Campus Reform
- Lisa B. Nelson, CEO, American Legislative Exchange Council
- Patrice Onwuka, Senior Policy Analyst, Independent Women’s Forum
- Patricia Rausch, Director of Career Programs, Leadership Institute
- Angelise Schrader, Contributing Writer, She Leads Daily
- Lisa Thompson, Vice President of Policy and Research, National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Morgan Vina, Former Chief of Staff to Ambassador Nikki Haley
- Leah Whetstone, Community Growth Manager, America’s Future Foundation
Past Empowered Women of the Year award winners include Kellyanne Conway, Counselor to the President, and Neomi Rao, United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
The complete schedule for the National Conference can be found here. For any media interested in attending and covering the conference in an official capacity, registration can be found here or you can contact Kathryn Hopper at [email protected]
NeW is the nation’s premier organization for conservative and independent minded young women. NeW educates young women on conservative principles, cultivates a community in which to discuss and strengthen these ideas, and emboldens them to speak out on campus and in their communities.