Network of Enlightened Women, Inc.’s 2018 Gentlemen Showcase Contest OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DATES
- The 2018 Gentlemen Showcase Contest (“Promotion”) will begin on February 1, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. ET and end on or about February 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m ET.
- The deadline for nominations is February 14, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Voting for the nominations will be open starting February 15, at 12:01am, through February 28 at 11.59pm.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older and who live in the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. Employees and board members of the Network of Enlightened Women, Inc. (“NeW”), its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to win, although they may submit nominations and/or vote. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States and where
- An individual nominated for the prize (“Nominee”) may be nominated only once. An individual submitting a nomination (“Nominator”) may submit multiple nominations (there is no limit to the number of nominations an individual may submit). Individuals may cast only one vote per nominee per day, but may vote as many days as they like.
- For the College Contest, the nominees must be men between the ages of 18 and 30 attending a college or university as an undergraduate in the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. For the Under 30 Contest, the nominees must be men between the ages of 18 and 30 and must not be attending a college or university as an undergraduate. Nominees may be nominated in only one category or, if nominated in both categories, must select a category in which to compete. Nominators must be individuals 18 years of age or older living in the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and NeW will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. NeW will disqualify any entry that does do not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
3. TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- To submit a nomination, the Nominator must visit gentshowcase.com and complete the entry form by submitting the name of the Nominee; the name of the college or university the Nominee attends (if for the College Contest) or the name of the company where the Nominee works (if for the Under 30 Contest); the Nominee’s email address; the Nominee’s charity of choice; a narrative describing how the Nominee is a gentleman, including any charitable work that the Nominee performs (500 words or less); a photograph of the Nominee; and the Nominator’s first name, last name, university or company affiliation (if applicable) and email address. For website entries, the Nominator will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of submission. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple Nominators are not permitted to share the same email address. By submitting a nomination, the Nominator agrees to the Official Rules.
- Nominators must have the express permission of the Nominee to submit his photograph image prior to submitting a nomination. After receiving a nomination, NeW will send an email to the Nominee with a link to these Official Rules. The Nominee must then affirm that he has reviewed these Official Rules and agrees to comply with them by completing the The Gentlemen Showcase Nomination Acceptance Form in order to be eligible to receive votes to win. Is part of The Gentlemen Showcase Acceptance Form, the Nominee will be asked to provide (1) the name of his Designated Charity or Cause (as defined below); (2) to the extent not already provided by the Nominator, a description of his charitable work; and (3) to the extent not already provided by the Nominator, a preferred photo.
- All nominations will be reviewed by NeW prior to being posted on enlightenedwomen.org. NeW reserves the right to reject or edit any nominations it receives in its sole discretion.
4. TO VOTE
- People may vote for a Nominee by visiting gentshowcase.com. To vote, people must click “vote” and enter the information requested. People may also share the Promotion with their friends on Facebook, Twitter followers, or otherwise with individuals who are personally known to them (e.g., via e-mail) using a link provided. Sharing the Promotion will not increase the number of votes a person may cast. Sharing the Promotion will not automatically increase the number of votes a Nominee will receive; a Nominee will receive additional votes only if an individual completes the voting process.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability for the Promotion’s administration, prizes or promotion. You are providing entry information to NeW and not to Facebook.
- Automated means of voting or sharing are prohibited and will result in all votes associated with such automation being declared void.
- Grand Prizes:
- One (1) donation in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000) to a charity or charitable cause of the Nominee’s choice that meets the eligibility criteria in Section 5.b., below (“Designated Charity or Cause”) will be awarded to the winning Nominee in the College Contest.
- One (1) prize of donation in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000) to a charity or charitable cause of the Nominee’s choice that meets the eligibility criteria in Section 5.b., below (“Designated Charity or Cause”) will be awarded to the winning Nominee in the Under 30 Contest.
- For both the College Contest and Under 30 Contest, one (1) Kendra Scott gift package with merchandise with a value of approximately two hundred sixty dollars ($260) will be awarded to the Nominator who nominated the winning Nominee in each category.
- To be eligible for selection as a Designated Charity by a contest winner, a charity must (1) qualify as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, (2) have as its primary mission helping individuals in need (such as finding a cure for a certain disease, addressing homelessness, or helping wounded veterans), and (3) promote values that are not inconsistent with NeW’s mission, which is to educate young women on conservative values, cultivate a community of conservative women, and embolden young women to speak out on campus and in their communities. In the alternative, the Nominee may select a cause (such as finding a cure for a certain disease, addressing homelessness, or helping wounded veterans), as his Designated Cause, and NeW will select a Designated Charity that serves the Designated Cause. The question of whether a charity is eligible to be selected as a Designated Charity will be resolved by NeW in its sole discretion. In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria set forth in this section, an authorized representative of each Designated Charity will be required to provide certain documents within fifteen (15) days of issuance in order to receive a donation. If an authorized representative of the Designated Charity refuses or fails to provide the required documents, or if the Designated Charity cannot accept the donation, NeW will select, in its sole discretion, an alternative charity that meets the eligibility criteria set forth in this section to receive the donation.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that NeW may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of NeW with respect to the administration of the Promotion are final. Decisions of the selection committee with respect to the winning Nominees are final.
- One (1) Nominee will be selected as the winning Nominee for each of the College Contest and Under 30 Contest on March 2, 2018 at 12:00 pm ET. The winning Nominees will be chosen by a selection committee comprised of a combination of NeW employees, NeW alumnae, and past Gentlemen Showcase winners. Members of the selection committee will not have submitted nominations, been nominated, or voted in the 2017 Gentlemen Showcase contest. The selection committee shall select Nominees based on the following criteria: the Nominator’s description of the Nominee, including the quality of his gentlemanly acts, as judged by the selection committee in its sole discretion, the charitable work done by the Nominee, and to the extent to which his Designated Charity or Cause performs service to help those in need (the “Objective Criteria”), and the number of votes a Nominee receives. The Objective Criteria will be weighted 60% towards the selection of the winning Nominee. The number of votes a Nominee receives will be weighted 40% towards the selection of the winning Nominee. The individual who nominated the winning Nominee shall be the winning Nominator.
- The winning Nominees and Nominators will be notified on or about March 5, 2018 via email.
- The winning Nominees and Nominators must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release and publicity release within ten (10) days of notification or they will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. If potential winners cannot be contacted; fail to complete, sign and return any required release within the required time period; or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winners will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. If a winning Nominee and Nominator are disqualified, an alternative Nominee and Nominator will be selected. The alternative Nominee will be the individual who received the next highest score based on the criteria set forth in Section 6.b. above, and the alternative Nominator will be the individual who nominated the alternative Nominee.
- The charitable donations will be mailed to the Designated Charities. All other prizes will be mailed to the winning Nominees and Nominators. By participating in the Promotion, winners agree to assume the risk of loss, and neither NeW nor its promotional partner(s) are responsible for the safe arrival of the prizes.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winning Nominees and Nominators.
- Participating in the Promotion and accepting a prize constitutes the winning Nominees’ and winning Nominators’ permission for NeW, its employees, advertising agencies, and other agents to photograph, film and record the winners, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant NeW a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit the items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that NeW reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
- represent and warrant that: you are 18 years of age or older; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to NeW the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you have received the express consent of the Nominee to appear in the Materials and to enter the Nominee’s likeness in the Materials in the Promotion; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- By participating and/or accepting a prize, all Nominees and Nominators agree to release and hold harmless NeW, its promotional partner(s), and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. NeW may also require eligible winning Nominees and Nominators to sign a liability release confirming such consent.
- NeW, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of NeW’s website gentshowcase.com, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. NeW further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond NeW’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by NeW in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any website used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, NeW reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. NeW’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; or (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond NeW’s control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you understand and agree that:
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
- if the parties are unable to resolve their dispute amicably, it shall be resolved by means of binding arbitration (not in a court of law);
- any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out- of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event and under no circumstances will entrants or winners be permitted to obtain awards for attorneys’ fees, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other form of damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- any claim or dispute regarding the Promotion or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of the District of Columbia, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, as they apply to agreements entered into and performed entirely within the District of Columbia by District of Columbia residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions; and
- you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts within the District of Columbia and waive all objections to the jurisdiction or venue of such courts.
SPONSOR: Network of Enlightened Women, Inc., 6501 Dean Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46220