In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow NeW through digital marketing, print materials, and media relations alongside an experienced team and work with top conservative women leaders around the country.
The Communications Director for NeW will lead the communications team to communicate more effectively with internal and external audiences.The Communications Director will be responsible for overseeing the growth of NeW’s online presence and building NeW’s brand through creating and editing a variety of materials for different audiences including social media content, graphics, flyers and brochures, e-newsletters, swag, and reports. This person will also provide materials and training for chapters and oversee the management of NeW’s website to keep the content up to date, informing visitors of our current work. This role calls for drafting and executing project-specific plans with strategies to meet organization goals.
The Communications Director will manage a team that currently has two communications associates. This will include project management, editing work product, and teaching them how to excel in communications. This person will also be responsible for managing relationships with contractors for special projects.
The Communications Director will work to grow NeW’s brand and set NeW up as the “go-to” source for the perspective of female conservative young women. This person will provide insight on media decisions and manage all proactive and reactive media activities, including pitching and securing media exposure for NeW. This role will be responsible for running the Student Media Fellowship program, working with students in the network to edit and publish their writings as well as preparing them for media interviews.
This is a senior role on the NeW team and will report to the President. This role is a remote position that operates on Eastern time. The person in this position may also need to assume other communications projects as needed to support the team. This person will have the opportunity to offer entrepreneurial ideas and grow as a communications professional. The title for this position will ultimately be dependent on experience level.
- Likely this person has at least 5 years of professional experience, though if you read through this job description and felt you are a fit with fewer years of experience for this role, you are welcome to apply
- Willingness to travel ~15% – this number will vary, depending on the home location of the candidate and their specific skill set
- A bachelor’s degree (ideally in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field)
- Experience in media or communications
- Strong experience in managing projects and a track record of follow-through, growth, and success
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
- A strong work ethic and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines
- Demonstrated personal responsibility, accountability, honesty, and superb organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to think through new strategies for engaging new followers online
- Strong Microsoft office, Canva, Adobe, and MailChimp skills
- A positive attitude, spirit of collaboration, and eagerness to work with other team members on materials and strategies to grow our impact
- Demonstrated understanding of and absolute commitment to the mission of NeW
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the organization and how your background matches the responsibilities
- A portfolio showcasing your writing and graphic work
- Three references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: http://talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]