Thank you to everyone who has been part of NeW in 2014. Here are some of our favorite moments from 2014. This year, we:
- Expanded our book club chapters on campuses across the country, including new chapters at George Mason University, Georgetown University and Princeton University. This semester, chapters read Assault and Flattery: The Truth about the Left and their War on Women by Katie Pavlich.
- Doubled the attendance at our National Conference and had 200 women participate in our summer events. We added four policy and professional development panels to the National Conference, giving young women the opportunity to learn even more this year.
- Celebrated NeW’s 10th Anniversary with anniversary recruiting events on college campuses. And our young professionals chapters hosted events in the city—NeW NYC hosted Kellyanne Conway and NeW DC hosted Carly Fiorina.
- Hosted events to give young women the opportunity to hear conservative ideas from outstanding conservative women including Julie Gunlock from the Independent Women’s Forum, April Ponnuru from the YG Network, Genevieve Wood from the Heritage Foundation and more.
- Heard from Mary Katharine Ham at our NeW Dessert Party at the Conservative Political Action Conference
- Helped college women like Diana from Elon break into journalism. She was published by The College Fix
- Grew the Gentlemen's Showcase, our annual campaign to improve campus culture by recognizing good men on campus. In 2014, we received 18 nominations and over 2,000 votes were cast. The campaign received national attention and was featured on The Five on Fox.
- Had outstanding interns
- Launched our first official essay contest as a medium to encourage intellectual diversity and discussion on campus
- And we have supported women like Jacqueline:
When I came to college, I was extremely close-minded. I know that there’s the whole broadening your horizons and shaping your views cliche that goes along with a liberal arts college, but I truly believe that NeW has been a defining force in shaping my views. NeW has pushed me to educate myself on why I believe and value certain philosophies and principles, all the while equipping me with the skills to share them in an enlightened and respectful manner.
Thank you! Happy NeW Year!
To support NeW in 2015, click here