If you are interested in working with NeW, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone for the following position.
NeW Director of Programs and Development
Want to advance conservative ideas on campus? Frustrated by campus feminism? Ready to lead an effort and grow professionally? Apply today to be the NeW Director of Programs and Development. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with top conservative women around the country and build a movement for conservative college women.
The Director of Programs and Development for the Network of enlightened Women, known as NeW, will oversee chapter development and national events for NeW and work closely with the Board on fundraising. NeW, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with chapters on over 20 college campuses, seeks to cultivate a community of conservative women and expand intellectual diversity on college campuses. Annually, NeW hosts a national conference in DC, an online Gentlemen’s Showcase contest and other campus events. The Director of Programs and Development will work to advance the mission of NeW by growing the organization and increasing its impact. We prefer that the Director is located in the Washington, DC area, but we will consider remote work options. Responsibilities include:
-Supporting current chapters and recruiting women to start more NeW chapters
-Developing in conjunction with the Board an overall strategy for organizational growth
-Working with chapters to challenge the liberal slant that dominates many women’s issues on college campuses and become an alternative voice on such issues
-Publishing monthly email newsletters to communicate with members and supporters
-Managing and writing for NeW’s blog and social media
-Providing materials for the chapters
-Planning and running NeW’s annual national conference each summer in DC and other national events
-Launching a series of regional events
-Overseeing the alumni association
-Implementing a strategic fundraising plan for NeW under the direction of the Board
-Planning and executing strategies for obtaining private donations, which includes executing in-person, direct mail, email and online fundraising campaigns, and maintaining a current donor database
-Drafting, assembling, submitting and tracking grant proposals
-Producing donor, Board and special category support materials
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and 1-4 years of professional experience;
- Have been actively involved in or started an organization on campus;
- Possess excellent communication skills with external audiences as well as internal audiences;
- Have knowledge of the basics of fundraising (or be willing to learn) and be willing to ask for contributions;
- Be a highly motivated self-starter;
- Have a strong work ethic and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate personal responsibility, accountability and superb organizational skills;
- Have experience in managing projects and a track record of follow-through, growth and success; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of and absolute commitment to the mission of NeW.
We are currently accepting applications. Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to NeW@enlightenedwomen.org in one PDF file:
- List of three references
- Cover letter detailing (a) your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization, (b) how your background matches the responsibilities, and (c) your salary requirements.
NeW Internship Program
The Network of enlightened Women is looking for talented women to be student interns in the NeW Internship Program. Internships are available in the fall, spring and summer, and can be done remotely from any university. Internships are unpaid, but can be used for course credit depending on your school rules. Through the NeW Internship Program, participants work closely with NeW leaders across the country to expand NeW’s presence on college campuses and online.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Contributing weekly posts to the NeW blog.
- Researching and reading books on the NeW book list.
- Creating and implementing promotional materials.
- Working with the media.
- Directly contributing to the success of NeW events.
- Supporting the existing chapters.
- And more!
To apply, please send 1) an updated resume and 2) a description of what inspired you to apply to NeW, what skills you already have and what you hope to gain from working with NeW (no more than 800 words) to email@example.com.