The Gentlemen's Showcase is wrapping up, and voting isgetting close. But it is still not too late to nominate! NeW's Gentleman of theyear will be announced Tuesday, March 30 at midnight. Be on the lookout for the highlights of NeW's best gentlemen on the blog!
To end things with a bang, we are going to be chattingabout the Showcase through Twitter on Monday, March 29 at 2:00 pm (Easterntime). We will talking about what it means to be a gentleman, if chivalry isdead on your campus, and who your favorite nominees are.
And if you are not on Twitter yet, fear not! You cansign up for an account in less than 5 minutes.
To participate in the chat, follow these instructions:
1) Go to www.Twitter.com.(You will need to be registered on the Web site if you aren’t already.)
2) To view the conversation, search for"#newgents" by using the Search Bar on the right-hand side of the Website.
3) To comment or ask a question, simply type"#newgents" at the end of your Tweet.
4) To direct your comment or question at specificperson, place the user's Twitter name in your Tweet with the "@"symbol directly in front of it (Example: @RaKaKo to talk to Rachel).
Example: "@RaKaKo Why do you think gentlemen areelusive at UF? #newgents"
1. Include #newgents in every tweet
2. On first use of the #newgents tag, please introduceyourself using your first name.
In summary: Twitter chat about the Gentlemen'sShowcase at 2:00 pm (Eastern time) Monday using #newgents.
Talk to you then! If you have any questions, please email them to [email protected]