Welcome back! The Enlightened Women at UVA have had an amazing opening week. NeW took part in an event called “The Right Way.” This was an information session held by seven different students organizations including:
The Network of enlightened Women
The Burke Society
Students of Objectivism
The Liberty Coalition
Hoos For Life
The event drew over 100 people, local press, and conservatives from the community. Each organization had a representative stand up and speak about how their club functions at UVA. I had the pleasure of presenting for NeW explaining the history, relevance, and importance of NeW at UVA. We signed up many new members, gave an interview to a local conservative radio station, and received much interest from members of the Charlottesville community who came for the event. Here is a photo of the NeW Presentation:
The following evening, NeW had its own information session to reveal our calendar for the semester, our book, Wendy Shalit’s The Good Girl Revolution,and to discuss our social events. I am thrilled at the amount of interest and the growth our chapter is experiencing! This will definitely be one of our best semesters yet!
Here’s a Sneak Peak at our Social Calendar:
1) Ladies Night on the Range (Thank you, Blayne at ASU, for the great idea!)
2) Mother’s Luncheon during Parent’s Weekend
3) Annual Apple Picking at Carter’s Mountain
4) A NeW Way to Take Your Tea: Celebrating NeW’s 5th Birthday! UVA is thrilled to commemorate where it all began by celebrating in one of UVA’s historic gardens!
5) Guest Speakers: More information coming soon!
6) World Premiere: Not Evil, Just Wrong: Conservative Documentarians, Ann McElhinney and Phelim McAleer have done a fabulous job of documenting the truth about the Global Warming movement in America and abroad. Ann is a FABULOUS Conservative Woman and NeW is looking forward to supporting one of our own!